Kite Marked Trainings
As well as our core trainings, we also ‘Kite mark’ courses that are psychoanalytic in their foundation. These kite marked courses undergo a site visit from the BPC team to ensure they meet our standards.
Those who complete these courses alone are not BPC Registrants, however some of our Registrants are also kite marked therapists.
Once kite marked training has been completed, these individuals can be added to our Kite mark roster.
Each kite marked course has a different approach and length of training. To find out more about each modality, see the pages below with further details.
Currently we kite mark the following courses:
- Mentalisation Based Therapy (MBT) at The Anna Freud Centre
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) at The Anna Freud Centre
- Time-limited Adolescent Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (TAPP)
- Transference-Focused Psychotherapy (TFP) at South London and Maudsley
- Counselling Children and Young People in Education and Community Settings (CCYP) at Wessex Counselling and Psychotherapy
You can search for a kite marked therapist on our Kite mark roster here.
Kite marked individuals are not subject to our Complaints Procedure, unless they are a full registrant (listed on our Register). If you wish to raise a concern about a kite marked therapist, who is not a BPC Registrant, you may wish to review the websites of other regulatory bodies to confirm if they are currently registered with them and if so, raise your concern with this body directly. For further information on other regulatory bodies within the UK, statutory or voluntary accredited, you can find more information here and here.
If you have a course you would like to be kite marked by the BPC, please contact us.