How to make a complaint about us
We strive to provide the best possible service to you at all times and want you to be completely satisfied with how you have been supported and treated. We welcome your feedback about the way we carry out our work so that we can improve our service. BPC logs all complaints about its services, whether formal or informal and reviews these with the Board of Trustees on an annual basis.
However, if you want to raise a concern or complain about our service or a member of our team, please let us know.
So that we can respond swiftly, please contact us within a reasonable amount of time (within one month) after you have found out that you have a concern or complaint.
Our team are here to help you, so please contact them initially as they may be able to sort your concern out straight away or arrange for you to speak with the right person. You can call our office on 020 7561 9240.
If you are still dissatisfied, you may wish to make a complaint. Anyone can raise a complaint about a service they have received or which has affected them.
Please fill in the details of your complaint below, or you can download and complete our complaints form from the bottom of this page, and return to us by post or email:
- British Psychoanalytic Council, Suite 7, 19-23 Wedmore Street, London N19 4RU. Note: During the COVID restrictions, response to postal complaints will be slower
- Alternatively you can call us on 020 7561 9240 and ask us to send you the form. If you need assistance completing the form we can help you complete it.
- We will acknowledge your complaint within ten working days of receipt telling you which manager will be handling your complaint
- The person handling your complaint will respond to you in writing within 30 working days
- If you are not satisfied by the response, you can ask for your complaint to be reviewed by the Trustee Board. A member of the board will respond to you within 20 working days
- The decision of the Board is final.
There are some issues that we cannot deal with through this process. Such as:
- Concerns or complaints against a Registrant. Please visit this page on our website
- Requests for information. Please visit the government’s page on data protection
- Any attempt to have a previous complaint reconsidered
If we agree with your concern or complaint we will:
- Explain to you what went wrong
- Apologise and tell you how we’re putting things right
- Consider changing our processes or providing further team training to prevent the same problem in the future.
We will acknowledge your complaint within ten working days of receipt.