If you have recently retired from clinical work and would like to keep in touch with the BPC and the wider profession, you can join our new retired category.
If you are interested in joining our retired category, please get in touch.
We greatly value the vast experience and expertise of our retired colleagues, and hope to remain connected.
This category is for recent BPC Registrants in good standing (e.g. including but not limited to any current or outstanding Fitness to Practise allegations) who are retired and no longer undertaking any clinical work. This includes supervision and teaching.
Once in this category, you will not be on the BPC Register, or referred to as a BPC Registrant, and are no longer subject to the BPC complaints procedure.
For £75 a year, you can continue to receive:
- a monthly e-newsletter that provides timely updates on the latest events and publications, as well as information about the BPC and our work
- a termly copy of our highly regarded magazine, New Associations, and opportunities to contribute to the publication
- discounts to our seminars and conferences
There are various ways to continue being involved with the BPC once retired, such as:
- Sit on a hearing panel for our Fitness to Practice process
- Join a site visit panel to accredit or reaccredit a training
- Contribute to New Associations
- Speak at a BPC event