Registration number: 20950
About Roselyn Abbott
Registered Psychotherapist, Jungian Analyst, Group Analytic Psychotherapist, Supervisor & MBT Practitioner
Currently I am working in person, online (Zoom) & by mobile phone Monday - Wednesday. For those able to attend locally, I work in person from my Grasmere consulting room.
With a free initial consultation for all enquirers and from a background of nearly 30 years experience in mental health services, I offer a wide range of confidential, affordable psychotherapy services for:
Parents with infants under 12 months
I also provide supervision and reflective practice for other professionals, staff teams and organisations.
Psychotherapy and analysis aim to provide a nurturing environment. Individual appointments last for 50 minutes and are arranged according to your needs and circumstances. All appointments are held at regular intervals, at least once-weekly, and sometimes more often depending on your specific situation. We will agree an initial number of meetings, with a view to further on-going therapeutic work. This working alliance is reviewed on an ongoing basis.
There is usually no agenda or formal structure to the content of meetings. Important ways of accessing therapeutic help come from:
* the ongoing regular commitment of the client and the therapist,
* talking with and listening to one another, to establish and maintain the therapeutic relationship,
* speaking about personal difficulties,
* allowing the current experience of the therapeutic relationship to become evident through honest, spontaneous and direct communication about feelings
* exploring and coming to understand together the therapeutic experience as a whole.
Over time, clients begin to reflect on and gradually recover from difficult life experiences. In this way, psychotherapy and analysis each provide an opportunity to see ourselves from other perspectives. Gradually, in day-to-day life and within the therapeutic relationship, old patterns of relating can be given up and new ones can be developed.