Introductory Lectures in Psychoanalysis Summer Term 2023Book tickets
British Psychoanalytical Society (incorporating the Institute of Psychoanalysis)
The new Summer Term will focus entirely on case studies, from Freud up to the present, across the British tradition.
This series is aimed at students with prior knowledge of psychoanalytic concepts who are interested in seeing theory at work in the consulting rooms of well-known analysts, past and present. It can be taken as a progression from the first two terms of Introductory Lectures and Seminars but also as a stand-alone programme.
You’ll hear from psychoanalysts at the forefront of psychoanalytic practice, including those who have trained, taught and supervised at leading universities and treatment centres and NHS settings.
– Lectures start at 5.45pm and are held on Wednesdays, via Zoom.
– Each lecture lasts approximately one hour, including time for questions
– There is a short break before moving into smaller discussion groups (40 minutes)
– You will stay in the same discussion group throughout the term so that you can explore the themes in a group setting and deepen your understanding together.
– You will be provided with a reading list and core reading material for each lecture
Most lectures in this series will be recorded and available to access for one week apart from the 17 May.