Optima Health is looking for a Wellbeing Practitioner to work as part of a multi-disciplinary professional team, delivering wellbeing assessments and counselling.
Role: Wellbeing Practitioner
Location: Home-based (working fully remotely)
Salary: Up to £25,300 pro rata (£16,875 per annum) + excellent benefits package
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Part Time, 22.5 hours a week
Optima Health is a UK market leader in the provision of Occupational Healthcare and wellbeing services. Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of the UK workforce by supporting healthy high performance in our client organisations, helping them to achieve their full potential through their people.
We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments.
We are a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organisation who are keen to invest in people and support them to ensure their long-term career progression. We are a company who are going places and we want you to come with us!
In response to a management referral, delivering an initial wellbeing assessment of support needs for the client. Producing a management report regarding fitness for work and working to defined ethical standards. Undertaking counselling to support recovery.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary professional team, the role delivers wellbeing assessments and counselling. It requires knowledge of appropriate signposting and the ability to recognise when further action is required for employees with personal or work-related problems. With client consent, you will produce a management report to their employer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake a comprehensive assessment of the bio-psychosocial factors impacting on performance or attendance at work.
• Identify and recommend the appropriate route for management or onward refer to facilitate case resolution
• Use motivational interviewing techniques to drive /inspire changes in attitude or thought processes as part of supporting individuals to resolve issues
• Produce reports for referrers in line with business standards
• Provide up to four sessions of counselling (including assessment session) to support employees with work or personal issues which are impacting on their ability to be at or stay at work.
• To maintain confidential customer and client records in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Optima Health internal procedures.
• Liaison and/or referral to other internal or external specialists to enable case progression.
• Handle all cases in a professional manner, adhering to BACP Ethical Framework.
• Manage and coordinate referrals using the internal process
• Escalate any cases that are unlikely to be resolved in a timely fashion to ensure client satisfaction is maintained
• Carry out ad hoc tasks to support the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the health and wellbeing services provided by Optima Health
• Undertake ongoing professional development in line with business/professional body requirements
• Support delivery of other wellbeing services to organisations as required, assessing requests for training or consultancy to ensure that the right service is delivered to meet the organisation’s needs.
• Lead by example and be an inspirational role model for the Optima Health values – One Team, Take Responsibility, Deliver on our Promises, Professionalism and Excellence, Continually Learn and Develop
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
• Must be computer literate, with strong verbal and written communication skills, able to conduct structured wellbeing assessments by telephone or face to face, complete a management report and be able to work independently. Previous report writing experience would be useful but training will be provided.
• Degree/Diploma in a counselling and 2 years counselling practice experience
• Registered with a recognized counselling body e.g. BACP, UKCP etc
• Ability to listen effectively and demonstrate empathy
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to set boundaries in terms of limits of expertise and time limitations, knowledge of confidentiality and limits to this
• Ability to understand and work to protocols
• Ability to use open and closed questions effectively in order to elicit relevant information
• Demonstrable influencing skills, able to adapt style as required
• Ability to maintain and develop working relationships
• Good understanding of health and wellbeing issues within an occupational environment
• Competent in problem solving and decision making. Able to confidently convey rehabilitation decisions and to discuss these in detail with demanding clients.
• Resilience and ability to deal with setbacks constructively and work to resolution of issues
• Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail, ensuring that all relevant documentation is collated and correct
• Good planning, negotiation and organizational / time management skills.
• Good facilitation skills, able to tease out key underlying issues in both individual and group situations
• Good report writing skills and clear use of written English
• Ability to work as an independent practitioner within the Optima Health Limited professional team.
• An understanding of how bio-psycho-social issues might influence employee wellbeing and workplace performance
• Willingness to engage in continuous professional development, accept feedback, learn and contribute to continuous improvement in practice of self and others
• Willingness to undertake a course of study to obtain relevant Case Management qualifications
• Must be willing to complete Security Vetting, as applicable, which will involve completion of an online questionnaire providing personal information and providing proof of identity documents as required.
• Maintains professional body register requirements
What Can We Offer You?
• Competitive salary
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Plenty of career progression opportunities
• Extensive induction with ongoing mentoring and support from some of the top Occupational Health professionals in the industry
• 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
• Fantastic pension scheme
• Eye care test vouchers
• Flu jabs
• Reward Scheme
• Car discount scheme
• Buy and sell holiday scheme
• Life assurance
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
Contact email: email@example.com
Website: Optima Health Vacancies