Seminar Leader: Psychopathology Module, Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
The Counselling Centre in Tunbridge Wells is looking for an engaging, inspiring, and committed seminar leader to teach the Psychopathology module as part of the Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling.
The module is taught to trainee counsellors in the third term of the first year of the diploma and the first term of the second year.
You will be required to:
- Support students in the early stages of their learning and development as trainee counsellors.
- Teach Psychopathology from a psychodynamic perspective
- Teach using contemporary papers and research in psychodynamic practice and theory
- Enable students in linking psychodynamic theory with their own clinical practice
- Teach in an experiential way and facilitate trainees’ development in the areas of theory, counselling skills and self-awareness.
- Assess student’s progress through their presentations, participation and discussions in the seminar.
- Be organised in planning for seminars and managing student assessments.
- Work well as part of team and be sensitive to the ethos of the Centre’s charitable status.
Location: Tunbridge Wells Counselling Centre
Start date: September 2021
Salary: £40 per taught hour
Contact: Danielle Niccolls.