Mental Health Advisor
Optima Health is looking for a Mental Health Advisor to work as part of a multi-disciplinary professional team to deliver wellbeing assessments in line with attendance management.
Role: Mental Health Advisor
Location: Nationwide (working fully remotely)
Salary: Up to £27,000 per annum plus benefits
Optima Health is a UK market leader in the provision of Occupational Healthcare and wellbeing services. Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of the UK workforce by supporting healthy high performance in our client organisations, helping them to achieve their full potential through their people.
We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments
We are a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organisation who are keen to invest in people and support them to ensure their long-term career progression. We are a company who are going places and we want you to come with us!
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary professional team, the role delivers wellbeing assessments in line with attendance management. It requires knowledge of assessment, appropriate signposting and the ability to recognise when further action is required for employees with personal or work-related problems. With client consent, you will produce a management report to their employer. Could also support delivery of other wellbeing services to organisations as required, assessing requests for training or consultancy to ensure that the right service is delivered to meet the organisation’s needs.
This is a full-time role working Mon-Fri 09:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Main duties and responsibilities
• Undertake a comprehensive 50 minute assessment of the bio-psychosocial factors impacting on performance or attendance at work.
• The assessment will include screening/triage; risk assessment; psychometric tools; problem identification and solution / intervention planning.
• Identify and recommend the appropriate route for case management or onward referral to facilitate case resolution.
• Use motivational interviewing techniques to drive /inspire changes in attitude or thought processes as part of supporting individuals to resolve issues by gathering information in a collaborative manner.
• Produce high quality reports for referrers in line with business standards.
• Maintaining confidential customer/client records in accordance with GDPR and Optima Health internal procedures.
• Liaison and/or referral to other internal or external specialists to enable case progression.
• Handle all cases in a professional manner, adhering to professional ethical standards.
• Manage and coordinate referrals using the internal process.
• Escalate any cases that are unlikely to be resolved in a timely fashion to ensure client satisfaction is maintained.
• Carry out ad hoc tasks to support the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the health and wellbeing services provided by Optima Health.
• Undertake ongoing professional development in line with business/professional body requirements.
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
• Degree/Diploma in a relevant subject (Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, or similar) or a qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner and 2 years’ experience in metal health.
• Member of a recognised professional body (e.g. HCPC, BPS, BACP/NCS/UKCP, BABCP)
• Ability to listen effectively and demonstrate empathy within a business environment.
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to set boundaries in terms of limits of expertise and time limitations including organisational At risk Policy regarding confidentiality and limits to this.
• Demonstrable influencing skills, able to adapt style as required.
• Ability to maintain and develop working relationships.
• Good understanding of health and wellbeing issues within an occupational environment
• Competent in problem solving and decision making. Able to confidently convey rehabilitation decisions and to discuss these in detail with demanding clients.
• Resilience and ability to deal with setbacks constructively and work to resolution of issues including how to work at a high pace is essential.
• Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail, ensuring that all relevant documentation is collated and correct.
• Good planning, negotiation and organizational / time management skills.
• Good report writing skills and clear use of written English which is understandable, with correct grammar which is well constructed.
• Ability to work as an independent practitioner within the Optima Health Limited professional team, being proactive in receiving clinical instructions and feedback from clinical supervision.
• An understanding of how bio-psycho-social issues might influence employee wellbeing and workplace performance.
• Willingness to engage in continuous professional development, accept feedback, learn and contribute to continuous improvement in practice of self and others.
• Willingness to undertake further studies to aid their professional development.
• Must be willing to complete Security Vetting.
What Can We Offer You?
• Competitive Salary
• Ongoing CPD Training
• 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
• Renewal of Professional Memberships
• Great Pension Schemed
• Eye care test vouchers
• Fantastic reward scheme where you can purchase things with a percentage off, such as dining out, tickets for events, travel.
• Car discount scheme
• Buy and sell holiday scheme
• Life assurance
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
Contact email: email@example.com
Website: Optima Health Vacancies