Employee Assistance Advisor
Qualified Counsellors required as Employee Assistance Advisors for Optima Health, a UK market leader in the provision of Occupational Healthcare and wellbeing services.
Role: Employee Assistance Advisor
Location: Nationwide (working fully remotely)
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Optima Health is a UK market leader in the provision of Occupational Healthcare and wellbeing services. Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of the UK workforce by supporting healthy high performance in our client organisations, helping them to achieve their full potential through their people.
We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments
We are a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organisation who are keen to invest in people and support them to ensure their long-term career progression. We are a company who are going places and we want you to come with us!
Qualified Counsellors Required as Employee Assistance Advisors
YOU MUST BE BACP ACCREDITED OR WORKING TOWARDS ACCREDITATION.
HELP Employee Assistance™, are looking for qualified counselling practitioners to work on their helpline. This is a home based role which uses multiple technologies to stay connected with our clients, customers and team. You will need to be interested in development and have a passion for supporting and maintaining mental health and wellbeing. You will be part of a large organisation that has maintained a close working team approach.
This is a full time position, core hours are 7:00 AM- 10:00 PM Mon-Fri and 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM Sat and Sun – working 1 weekend every 12 weeks and a late shift once a week.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
– To promptly and professionally receive telephone calls from both customers and clients, seeking help and guidance on personal and/or work – related problems.
– To establish accurately the need for information and/or advice by making a personalised assessment of each incoming call.
– To provide positive help, assistance and information to callers as appropriate to their requirements.
– To retrieve information and data and communicate this to the caller as clearly and accurately as possible.
– To maintain confidential customer and client records in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
– To handle all cases in a professional manner, adhering to BACP and Employee Assistance ethics and codes of practice.
– To fully commit to continuing professional development in line with business needs including relevant computer and management training and professional development.
– To allocate client appointments directly to practitioner diaries using specialised software.
– Undertake ongoing short term (max 6 sessions) telephone counselling sessions with clients
– Undertake any ad hoc responsibilities as and when requested by Management
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
– Minimum of a Diploma in Counselling
– Either BACP Accredited or working towards accreditation
– Experience of telephone work either in a service orientated customer care environment or social work/welfare rights helpline.
– Have an understanding and be able to use appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication skills to enhance professional practice.
– Excellent ability to help others solving problems.
– Flexible, resilient and polite under extreme pressure.
– A positive approach to change and ability to adapt easily to new demands
– Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate easily at all levels of management and staff.
– Confident and competent computer user and ability to type and talk is essential to the role
What Can We Offer You?
– Competitive salary
– Excellent training and development opportunities
– Plenty of career progression opportunities
– Extensive induction with ongoing mentoring and support from some of the top Occupational Health professionals in the industry
– 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, with option to buy and sell holiday
– Fantastic pension scheme
– Eye care test vouchers
– Flu jabs
– Reward Scheme
– Car discount scheme
– Life assurance
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
Contact email: email@example.com
Website: Optima Health Vacancies