Director of Clinical Services
Tavistock Relationships is looking for a Director of Clinical Services to lead and develop their clinical practice and participate as a member of the organisation’s executive team.
Role: Director of Clinical Services
Location: Central London/Flexible remote working supported
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £66,832-£79,187 per annum FTE
Working for an internationally renowned training institute, this role offers a competitive salary and benefits package with significant professional development opportunities.
Tavistock Relationships (TR) is an operating arm of the Tavistock Institute of Medical Psychology, and was founded, as the Family Discussion Bureau by Enid Balint in 1948 – in the context of the social upheaval of the Second World War and the huge disruption faced by families.
Today it is a dynamic national charity that trains new practitioners, allied health and social care professionals, delivers clinical services and conducts research.
TR’s working philosophy is derived from the knowledge and insights generated by psycho-analytically oriented clinical practice and research. It has grown up in the ‘Tavistock’ tradition, which embodies this philosophy in the United Kingdom and over nearly 70 years has led the development of the theory and practice of couple psychoanalysis
TR aims to improve the quality of adult couple relationships, prevent family breakdown and enhance the lives of children. It is a national organisation, with an international reputation.
We are looking for a Director of Clinical Services to lead and develop our clinical practice and participate as a member of the organisation’s executive team.
This role is responsible for:
• providing clinical service management and leadership that ensures excellence in service delivery and meets the needs of a diverse community
• developing our clinical resource, ensuring we are developing our therapists to work in new and innovative ways
• Maintaining a financially sustainable clinical service model that enables delivery of our Charitable purpose in a scalable way
Tavistock Relationships has an experienced, committed and diverse clinical and operations team in place. These core staff, along with our team of visiting clinical staff and supervisors, enable us to provide specialist couple therapy services of the highest standard, offering the support and development opportunity of our foundation of a training institution.
The Director of Clinical Services will lead and develop these staff, enabling us to continue to grow and effectively scale our clinical service activity, providing support to a wide range of people and within diverse communities.
TR is looking for an exceptional individual with strong clinical, intellectual and leadership capacity along with commercial acumen.
The successful candidate will understand and have a strong commitment to the delivery of psychotherapeutic services with a respect for the organisation’s psychoanalytic tradition.
Key attributes for success in this role
• A commitment to advancing couple psychotherapy, couple counselling, consultation and psychosexual therapy services, and
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Commitment to advancing new approaches to supporting couples alongside training and research with a flexible but rigorous approach
• An interest in the development of digital approaches to service delivery
• A stable temperament and a capacity to work with powerful feelings that can arise in the course of carrying out the work
• Strategic vision and creative thinking
• An ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies
TR is a learning organisation and committed to providing our staff with the support and learning opportunities they need to be successful in their role. We will discuss any training needs identified as part of the recruitment process with successful applicants.
The closing date for applications is the 6th of October 2021
The candidate information pack can be accessed here.
To arrange a confidential discussion about the role with the CEO and/or to obtain a copy of the Annual Strategic Plan, please contact Katie Torres.
Contact email: email@example.com
Website: Tavistock Relationships