Deputy Counselling Service Manager
Are you looking to join a dedicated and fast paced Counselling Service team? Birkbeck, University of London.
We have an excellent opportunity within Registry Services, providing predominantly short-term psychodynamic counselling to individual students. The post offers leadership opportunities to someone who wishes to help shape a growing service whilst maintaining a clinical caseload. The role involves both operational and clinical elements in support of the service, which will be flexible, depending on service demands.
We would be particularly interested in hearing from applicants from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic backgrounds to reflect the diverse community of the College and increase representation.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have the following skills:
– Proven ability to take up managerial responsibilities and contributing to strategic thinking around Service provision and holding the clinical lead
– Substantial experience and ability to supervise honorary and trainee counsellors with psychodynamic work
– Significant experience of providing time limited psychodynamic counselling
– Experience of suitably assessing clients for short term counselling within an institutional setting
– To contribute to good team dynamics and cross departmental relationships,
– Awareness of unconscious processes in the workplace
– Demonstrable understanding of confidentiality and equality/diversity issues
The advertised salary is based on a full time role, working35 hours per week, Monday to Friday,9am to 5pm and one evening shift. We are also happy to consider applications for 4 days per week (0.8 FTE).
Grade 7 of the College’s London pay scale, which is £41,807 rising to £44,113 per annum (1.0 FTE).
The full time salary quoted above would be pro-rata for part-time applicants wishing to work 4 days per week (0.8 FTE), and is on the College’s London Pay Scale which includes a consolidated Weighting/Allowance which applies only to staff whose normal contractual place of work is in the London area.
Location: Central London
Salary: £41,807 – £44,113
Deadline: 09 June 2021
For more information visit their website.