Saturday 16 November 2019
10:00 - 18:00, registration from 09:00
Full day conference, The British Library, 96 Euston Rd, London NW1 2DB
Things Fall Apart: identity, insecurity and fracturing societies
With much of society at odds with each other and many disillusioned with mainstream political discourse, Britain is at a crossroads. There is a growing tendency towards oppositional states of mind leading to the fracturing of relationships, alliances and groups. PPNow 2019 brings together leading psychoanalysts, academics and journalists to explore this tendency towards polarisation and splitting within society as well as within our own psychotherapeutic community; examining why the tension between the need for the recognition of difference and autonomy and for affiliation and association feel so in conflict.
Speakers and panellists confirmed include:
- Irish journalist and political commentator Fintan O’Toole
- Guardian columnist and author, Gary Younge
- Jungian analyst, former Chair of the BPC, Helen Morgan
- BPC Chair, Susanna Abse
- Group analyst, individual psychotherapist, sociologist and author, Professor Sasha Roseneil
- Independent training analyst, author and fellow of the British Psychoanalytical Society, Dr Jonathan Sklar
- Director of the Counterpoint political science consultancy and author, Catherine Fieschi
- Psychoanalyst, fellow of the Institute of Psychoanalysis, Training Analyst with the British Psychotherapy Foundation, Philip Stokoe
- BPC Chief Executive, Gary Fereday
Conference ticket prices:
Standard Rate £ 160.00
Registrant Rate (BPC, ACP, BACP, UKCP) £ 135.00
BPC Scholar Rate £ 135.00
Trainee Rate £ 70.00
We have a small number of tickets available to people on low income or not working.
Please send an email in confidence to Diana email@example.com if you would like to apply.
For sponsor and exhibitor packages, please send an email to Diana firstname.lastname@example.org
PPNOW AWARDS - The deadline for has been extended to 8 September.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO DOWNLOAD THE NOMINATION FORM