Working with gender non-conforming and Transgender clientsBook tickets
This event will be delivered via Zoom online.
If you are interested in WPF Therapy upcoming events, please check our Eventbrite page.
This lecture will touch on:
- Do you want to increase your understanding of the issues facing gender non-conforming & Trans clients?
- How to work therapeutically with a client questioning their gender identity?
- Would you like to learn more about Conversion therapy and why it is harmful and damaging?
By attending this lecture you can expect:
- Have a better understanding of the needs and challenges facing gender non-conforming clients.
- Have a basic understanding of how to work with gender non-conforming and Trans clients and not assuming gender is the ‘problem’.
- Working with young trans clients.
- Understanding gender identity and intersectionality. Is gender identity fixed, primal or constructed?
The debate on gender identity has become very toxic. The recent High Court ruling on medical treatment, the constant trans-phobic comments in some elements of the media and the debate around conversion therapy have all made working with gender non-conforming and trans clients a minefield for Psychotherapists and Counsellors. This lecture will demystify the issues and provide attendees with some basic tools to work with.
Michelle Bridgman is an experienced Gestalt Psychotherapist, Hypnotherapist and Keynote Conference Speaker with over twenty-five years of experience in Private Practice and in hospital settings.
Michelle have been working with adults and young people presenting with Gender Dysphoria for over twenty years and co-authored the ‘Standards of Care’ for professionals working with Gender Dysphoria published in 2007. Recently completed a research project and thesis on “The Role of Psychotherapy in the clinical treatment of Gender Dysphoria.”
Lynsey Hotchkies, Director of Studies at WPF Therapy.
This event should be interesting and accessible for anyone interested in psychoanalysis, including qualified counsellors and psychotherapists as well as those in training. Please note that by booking on this event you agree to keep all discussion confidential.
Applications must be received by Thursday, 23 September 2021.
Please note that by booking a ticket for this event, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions for CPD events, so please read through them carefully before making your purchase.
If you experience any problems please contact us.