The Poetics of TranslationBook tickets
Celebrating the launch of Gregorio Kohon’s Odetta in Babylon and the Canada Express
Parthian Books is thrilled to launch the English-language translation of Gregorio Kohon’s lyrical narrative poem, first published in Buenos Aires in 1968. It has the power to transport you to the 1960s, to Buenos Aires, to those first overpowering experiences of sexual love. It invites you to step onto the train, and to let go. Join us for an evening of discussion and readings, with a panel of expert speakers, to celebrate this work of literature.
Order of the evening:
- Welcome by Richard Davies, Publisher, Parthian Books
- Reading by Gregorio Kohon of an extract from Odetta…
- Introducing Odetta… by Gwen MacKeith
- Working on Odetta… by Toni Griffiths
- Responding to Odetta… by Michael Parsons
- Odetta…: Translating Wor(l)ds – by Daniel Hahn
Reserve a ticket via Eventbrite, and receive a link to join by email closer to the date. Spaces are limited, so be sure to arrive punctually on the night. Any overflow of guests unable to enter will be directed to a live stream of the event.
People can pre-order the book using this link.