Psychoanalysis and the Psychosocial Discussion Group
Noreen Giffney, Founding Scholar of the British Psychoanalytic Council and Lecturer at Ulster University, Belfast
This interdisciplinary series of five discussions will bring together psychoanalysis and psychosocial studies to help us to reflect on our experiences with the arts and culture. Sessions will take place via Zoom.
- Session 1: Thinking Clinically with the Psychosocial (Friday 28 January 2022 at 10am – 12 pm)
- Session 2: Post-Traumatic Attachments to the Eerily Moving Image (Friday 25 February 2022 at 10am – 11.30 am)
- Session 3: Psychosocial Aesthetics and the Art of Lived Experience (Friday 25 March 2022 at 10am – 11.30am)
- Session 4: Play and Playing (Friday 29 April 2022 at 10am – 11.30am)
- Session 5: Psychosocial Curating (Friday 27 May 2022 at 10am – 11.30am)
Dr Noreen Giffney MIFPP, MICP, MNIIHR, MUKCP, MCPJA is a psychoanalytic psychotherapist and a psychosocial theorist. She is a founding scholar of the British Psychoanalytic Council, and a member of the Editorial Board of the BPC’s “New Associations” magazine. She is the author of the book, “The Culture-Breast in Psychoanalysis: Cultural Experiences and the Clinic” (Routledge 2021), and a Lecturer in Counselling at Ulster University, Belfast.
For Further Information and to Register:
Email Noreen here. Places are limited so early registration is advised.
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org