London Introductory Lectures – Autumn 2020 and Spring 2021Book tickets
British Psychoanalytical Society (incorporating the Institute of Psychoanalysis)
Whether you are completely new to psychoanalysis, or you wish to deepen the knowledge you already have, the Introductory Lectures will help you discover key psychoanalytic concepts and how they apply in the consulting room and beyond.
You’ll hear from psychoanalysts at the forefront of psychoanalytic practice, including those who have trained, taught and supervised at leading universities and treatment centres like the Tavistock Clinic, The Portman Clinic and the Maudsley Hospital.
– Lectures start at 5.45pm and are held on Wednesdays, initially via Zoom*
– Each lecture lasts approximately one hour, including time for questions
– There is a short break before moving into smaller discussion groups
– Groups start at 7pm and last for around one hour
– You will stay in the same discussion group throughout the term, so that you can explore the themes in a group setting and deepen your understanding together
– You will be provided with a reading list and core reading material for each lecture
Covid-19: * Once it is safe to do so, the course will resume in person at Byron House. Should you wish to continue the course virtually please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about spaces.