Introductory Lectures: Autumn 2021 and Spring 2022Book tickets
British Psychoanalytical Society (incorporating the Institute of Psychoanalysis)
Introductory Lectures in Psychoanalysis – Autumn 2021 & Spring 2022
Whether you are completely new to psychoanalysis, or you wish to deepen the knowledge you already have, the Introductory Lectures will help you discover key psychoanalytic concepts and how they apply in the consulting room and beyond.
You’ll hear from psychoanalysts at the forefront of psychoanalytic practice, including those who have trained, taught and supervised at leading universities and treatment centres like the Tavistock Clinic, The Portman Clinic and the Maudsley Hospital.
- Lectures start at 5.45pm and are held on Wednesdays, via Zoom
- Each lecture lasts approximately one hour, including time for questions
- There is a short break before moving into smaller discussion groups (40 minutes)
- You will stay in the same discussion group throughout the term, so that you can explore the themes in a group setting and deepen your understanding together
- You will be provided with a reading list and core reading material for each lecture
- We hope to have two in person social events, the lecture before the Christmas break and also the Plenary at the end of the course (remote attendance for these two sessions will still be facilitated)
Concession ticket prices are for students with a valid NUS card, NHS trainees and people not in employment. You will be asked for evidence of this after booking.
PLEASE NOTE: While you are able to purchase Spring 2022 by itself, we would only recommend this option if you attend Autumn term in 2021. This is because the lectures in Spring Term build on the knowledge gained in Autumn – this is best experienced as a two-term course.
REFUND POLICY: Tickets are fully refundable until 14 days before the term starts, after which time no refunds will be issued