Gender, Sexual, and Relationship Diversity with Dr. Meg-John BarkerBook tickets
This workshop will be delivered via Zoom online over 2 days, 2.5h each day.
Workshop Session 1: 27/02/2021
Workshop Session 2: 06/03/2021
Time: 10am – 1pm
This workshop will help you:
- To find out why gender, sexual, and relationship diversity is relevant to all of their clients, not just the minority or marginalised ones.
- To learn about the latest terminology and understandings so they can work with confidence across gender, sexual, and relationship diversity.
- To develop a range of skills and techniques for working with clients around gender, sex, and relationships.
By the end of the workshop you can expect:
- To have a good understanding of the current knowledge around gender, sexuality, and relationships.
- To have a range of skills for working with clients around these issues.
- To feel more confident in the room with gender, sexual, and relationship diverse clients.
- To have a better sense of your own experiences and attitudes around these issues and how they impact you and your practice.
Meg-John Barker is the author of a number of popular books on sex, gender, and relationships, including Queer: A Graphic History, Gender: A Graphic Guide, How To Understand Your Gender, Life Isn’t Binary, Enjoy Sex (How, When, and IF You Want To), Rewriting the Rules, The Psychology of Sex, and Hell Yeah Self-Care: A Trauma-Informed Workbook. They have also written a number of books for scholars and counsellors on these topics, drawing on their own research and therapeutic practice. They produced the BACP resource on Gender, Sexual, and Relationship Diversity.