Developing and Maintaining Therapeutic Relationships OnlineBook tickets
Most clinicians have made the move to online therapy suddenly. For many, it has worked well. Others may be struggling. Now is the time to consolidate the work and think about how we deepen our work with clients using this medium.
- Do you want to develop your work online?
- Are you working online with your clients?
- What are the challenges and opportunities of online therapy?
- How can we develop a way of maintaining a therapeutic presence in online work?
- What are the challenges of imaginative and creative interaction with clients during live video sessions?
- What strategies can we use to overcome psychological barriers in working online?
By the end of the workshop you can expect
- To develop understanding of potential difficulties of working online and to explore various ways of managing those
- To explore individual emotional responses to on screen counselling through experiential activities and discussion
- To re-examine familiar concepts such as analytic attitude, holding environment, containment and reverie in the absence of physical “container” of the traditional therapy room
- To learn a cross-modal communication channel between the human senses
- To embrace therapeutic uses of technology as the integral “third”
Counselling and psychotherapy trainees and qualified counsellors and trainees wishing to explore and develop their online work.