This page will collate all our updates regarding the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure you are kept up to date with information and guidance useful to clinical work.
We fully acknowledge the anxiety and concern about the personal, professional and societal response to COVID-19 and how they might impact your practice and contact with clients and patients. During these unprecedented times, there are new challenges for both Registrants and patients.
Following the latest government announcement, our team is now working remotely but we are still operating as usual. Please bear with us if there are some delays in replying to your queries as we adapt to new working arrangements.
We are doing everything we can to make this transition as smooth and fast as possible. To help us during this time, we would be grateful if you would contact us by email in the first instance. Please provide your name, contact details including a phone number and your query. We will aim to respond within 48 business hours, Monday to Friday.
Read our current updates here:
02 April 2020: COVID-19 BPC Update: 02 April 2020
26 March 2020 COVID-19 BPC Update for Registrants
19 March 2020 COVID-19 Update: Online and Telephone Sessions
16 March 2020: Guidance for Registrants on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
12 March 2020 COVID-19 Update
- Add your voice to our important campaign to maximise the role of counselling and psychotherapy in helping to support people through the Covid 19 crisis
- BACP FAQS on Coronavirus
- BACP Guidance to Working Online
- UKCP Guidance on Coronavirus
- ACTO advice on Covid-19
- Data protection and coronavirus
- Training on how to manage the change of therapeutic frame
- NHS Practitioner Health, a free, confidential service for doctors and dentists with mental illness and addiction problems, who are looking to return to clinical practice, are expanding their remit.