Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists
For 100 years, the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust has been at the forefront of bringing new approaches to treating patients who are in mental distress. We are internationally recognised as an expert in the health, charity, voluntary and private sectors and are proud to have developed and delivered ground breaking mental health services that make a real difference to communities.
The Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists (TSP) is the professional body for psychotherapists who have trained at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust. This includes psychoanalytic psychotherapists, child and adolescent psychotherapists, psychodynamic psychotherapists and couples psychotherapists.
The TSP is a Member Institution (MI) of the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) and so membership of the TSP also affords entry into the BPC.
What does the TSP do?
• Provide a professional home for suitably qualified clinicians who train at the Tavistock and Portman
• Provide professional advice and peer group support for its members in all aspects of professional practice, including matters relating to professional ethics, patient complaints and best practice
• Promote a culture of continuing professional development through a range of CPD activities and events
• Be a first port of call for members seeking access to services available through the British Psychoanalytic Council.
Qualification for entry into the BPC via the TSP will be awarded on successful completion of one of the following trainings:
• Inter-cultural psychodynamic psychotherapy (D59I)
• Psychodynamic psychotherapy with couples (D59C)
• Forensic psychodynamic psychotherapy (D59F)
• Psychological therapies with children, young people, and families (M34)
• Interdisciplinary training in adult psychotherapy (M1)
• Psychodynamic psychotherapy for child and adolescent psychiatrists (M14)
For more information, please contact:
The Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists
The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
120 Belsize Lane
London NW3 5BA
Tel: +44 (0)20 8938 2344