Research and Evidence
This section of the BPC website focuses upon the fast growing research and evidence base for psychoanalytic psychotherapy. It is aimed at once at the general reader, the clinician, the commissioner, the academic and the policy maker. It is a live site and will be added to and updated on a regular basis.
The Centrality of Research (includes a glossary of research terms)
E-library: a more extensive list of papers and book chapters related to the evidence base, which we recommend. Includes links to online abstracts.
Qualitative Evidence (coming soon)
Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy for Children and Young People (coming soon)
- Developmental neuroscience
- Understanding Mental Health and Resilience
- Testing what Treatment Works Best
- Getting to know me: what’s behind Psychoanalysis?
- IMPACT trial - Improving Mood with Psychoanalytic and Cognitive Therapies
- In Defence of Psychoanalysis', Intelligent Life Magazine, Winter 2010
- Letter to New Scientist on Psychoanalysis
- Psychotherapy Evaluation Research Unit (PERU)
- The Single Case Archive
- Tavistock Adult Depression Study
- UCL Psychoanalysis Unit
- ‘What happens in a Psychoanalysis? A view through the lens of the analytic process scales